Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Newsletter, Term 4, Week 6

Coroglen School Newsletter
Term 4 Number 6
Wednesday 13th November 2013

Hello / Kia Ora

Concert – Ukulele performance for the years 4 to 8, at Continuing Care this Thursday the 21st of November. The planned performance will take approximately 30 – 45 minutes. We will need to leave the school by 10.30am and plan to be back for lunch. We still need transport for this trip as we have only had two slips returned. Please fill in transport slip and return to the school.

Swimming – we have started swimming at school. All children are required to bring their togs and a towel each day for swimming. Please make sure you have named all your children’s clothing. This makes it easier to find the owners.

Swimming Lessons – If we have the numbers we will start this Monday 25th November. Please let Janine know by Friday if your child wants to have lessons this season. Lessons will be on Monday and Wednesday after school. $6 per lesson.

Swimming Pool – we have reviewed the expense of running the pool over the summer holidays. The pools operating expense over the last season was $6,000 to run. This means the 6 weeks over the holidays cost us about $2,000 to keep open. We cannot justify this expense and the pool will be closed over the school holidays this year. Any pool keys from last year can be returned to the school.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRANSPORT SLIP FOR YEARS 4-8
UKULELE CONCERT AT CONTINUING CARE IN WHITIANGA

I can/cannot provide transport on Thursday 21st November to Continuing Care in Whitianga.

I understand I must be at the school ready to leave by 10.30am.

I can take _____ other children plus my own child/ren _______________

Your name ____________________

Signed  _______________________

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Walk through Christmas – The junior room has been invited to the Combined Churches walk through Christmas on Monday 2nd December. The walk through begins at 11.30am at St Peter’s Church on Dundas Street and will continue to St Patrick’s in Campbell Street, and finish at St Andrew’s in Albert Street. Please fill in the transport slip at the end of this newsletter if you are able to help.  All children under 7 years old will require a booster seat.

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

TRANSPORT SLIP FOR YEARS 1-4
WALK THROUGH CHRISTMAS 2013

I can/cannot provide transport on Monday 2nd December 2013 to the Walk through Christmas in Whitianga.

I understand I must be at the school ready to leave by 11am.

Your name ____________________

Signed  _______________________

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Teddy Bears Picnic – On Monday the junior room held an awesome Teddy Bears Picnic with each child bringing their teddy bears. The school also received a bag of goodies from yummy stickers and amongst the goodies were blindfolds. Pictured are some children guessing who the teddy bear they have belongs to.

They also enjoyed music lessons in the sun.

Enjoy your week
Penny and the team