Thursday, April 14, 2016

Newsletter, Term 1, Wk 11

To the Coroglen School community,

I have decided after 18 years to retire from Coroglen School. This has not been an easy decision and I appreciate your patience and allowing me the time I needed to come to this decision.

I have been privileged to work with the team of very talented teachers who make Coroglen School such a special place. I have also made life-long friends in the community, many of whom have been supporting me during this process. I have thoroughly enjoyed working with you and your children and watching them as they have taken their paths through life.

I hope to become a volunteer at school and will always remain a staunch supporter of, "The little school that can and does."

Yours sincerely,
Miss Penny Anderson

Hello / Kia Ora

This is the last week of Term 1. School finishes for the holidays on Friday at 3pm. It has been an eventful term with lots of things happening across all areas of the school.
Thanks for your unwavering support and help as mums, dads, grandparents and caregivers. Our children are so fortunate to be surrounded by a community of people who work hard to contribute so positively to the welfare and well being of all.

Enjoy the change of tempo during the autumn break and we will look forward to seeing everyone back at school on Monday 2nd May.

Open Evening
A reminder our Open Evening is tonight at 6.30pm. Come along to find out what has been happening in your child’s class and plans for next term. Look forward to seeing you all.

Smoothie Making
On Thursday Briar is making fruit smoothies with the children. These are always popular and yummy. If you have any fruit at home, please send a few pieces along with your child on Thursday.  We will also need a couple of whizz-sticks if possible.

Elections
Please think about your availability and put your name forward if the time is right for you to be part of governing the school.
If you have a child at Coroglen School you can nominate yourself for the BOT, you do not need to get someone else to do it.

Bad Hair Day at School!
Last Friday we held our very own Bad Hair Day and raised $22.70 which was sent down to The Coroglen Tavern.

Mercury Bay Big Band in Concert with
Dr Roger Fox, Chockie Brown and our very own Justine Williams!
2PM Sunday 17th April
Whitianga Town Hall
Tickets from Paper Plus: Adults $15
                Students/Child under 16 $10
                Family (2 & 2) $40

Junior Room Trip
On the first Wednesday back in term 2 (4th May) the junior room will be doing a beach/foreshore study at Kuaotunu Beach.
We will be leaving the school just after 9am, and will be back in time for the afternoon bus. Please make sure to pack a lunch and drink.
If you are able to provide transport, please complete the transport slip at the end of this newsletter.

Have a good week, from Jean and the team…

JUNIOR ROOM KUAOTUNU BEACH TRIP

I can/cannot provide transport and supervision to Kuaotunu beach on Wednesday 4th May.

I understand I need to be at the school by 9am.

I have room for my child ­­­­­­­________________­­­_____

and _____ others.

Signed: ___________________________________________

Looking for a new home.
Two year old Huntaway neutered dog.
Very eager to please, kind and obedient.
Would make a great family pet.

For more information see Mrs. Kat Lee.